Saturday Morning Warm Up at the Wheel (Online)
Dates: September 17 - October 22, 2022
Meets: Sa from 9:00 AM to 10:30 AM
Student Fee: $175.00
Need some pointers before you head into the studio? Trying to nail down a new wheel technique? Wanting to see a demonstration up close on your screen, with detailed instructions? Join Tom from his home studio, for these online warm up sessions designed to give you insights into your wheel working and to have a weekly opportunity for feedback on your own progress. Each online meeting will include one indepth demonstration or presentation, followed by group discussion and dialogue. Students will be encouraged to share examples of their works and to contribute to the weekly conversations.
Please read through these policies carefully on our website's policy page. Written notice of cancellations via email (to email@example.com) is required within specified cancellation windows detailed on our website.
All registrants for In-Studio programs are asked to review the Craft Center's COVID-19 Response page for guidance on the safety policies we are asking all students to abide by in our combined efforts to maintain a healthy work environment. Mask wearing continues to be required of all visitors and students in all studios to keep everyone safe regardless of vaccination status. Please review this information on here.
Inclement Weather Policy
For information on the Craft Center's inclement weather cancellation policies, please visit our website's policy page. Students are encouraged to also check our homepage and our Facebook page for status updates and closure announcements.
Questions? Call us at 508.753.8183 X301
For Online Learning Courses:
Worcester State University ("WSU") & Worcester Center for Crafts ("WCC") Consent & Release of Liability for Online Learning
By submitting your registration for this course ("Activity"), you acknowledge that all registered parties are 18 years or older and legally competent to make this agreement. You agree to comply with all rules and regulations set forth with regard to the Activity, and you agree that all issues of civil liability shall be determined in accordance with Massachusetts General Laws. By completing you registration, you acknowledge that all registered parties have read and understand the below terms and that by enrolling you are giving up substantial legal rights that you might otherwise have, and that you have registered knowingly and voluntarily.
1. In the event that I should require medical care or treatment, I agree to be financially responsible for any costs incurred as a result of such treatment. I am aware and understand that I should carry my own health insurance.
2. To agree that the activity is entirely voluntary and to be fully aware that participation involves risk of injury and/or property damage including the possibility of short-term or long-term disability and even death; to agree that these risks can come from many varied causes and that many of these risks are not foreseeable; to acknowledge, accept, and assume all such risks.
3. I, individually and on behalf of my heirs, successors, assigns and personal representatives, hereby agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, the Board of Higher Education, WCC, WSU and their employees, agents, and representatives from all liability for any damages, losses, or injuries (including death) I sustain to my person or property or both, including but not limited to any claims, demands, actions, causes of action, judgments, expenses and costs (including attorneys' fees) which arise out of, result from, occur during, or are connected in any manner with my intentional or negligent conduct during my participation in the Activity, including traveling to and from an event related to this Activity.
4. To the extent authorized by law, I, individually and on behalf of my heirs, successors, assigns and personal representatives, hereby agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, the Board of Higher Education, WCC, WSU and their employees, agents, and representatives from all liability, loss, damage or expense, including attorneys' fees, that they or any of them incur or sustain as a result of any claims, demands, actions, causes of action, damages, judgments, costs or expenses (including attorneys' fees) which arise out of, occur during, or are in any way connected with my intentional or negligent conduct during my participation in the Activity, including traveling to and from an event related to this Activity.
5. I agree that this consent and release is to be construed under the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and that if any portion hereof is held invalid, the balance hereof shall, notwithstanding, continue in full legal force and effect.
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Course Fee (Basic)||Student Fee||$ 175.00|
Tom O'Malley began studying ceramics in high school and received his BFA from the New York State College of Ceramics at Alfred University in 1985. He received his MFA, with honors, from the Rhode Island School of Design in 1994. O'Malley has exhibited nationally and internationally, winning numerous awards. He received an LCC Grant in 1998 and his pottery was the recipient of the People's Choice Award at the 2002 Strictly Functional Pottery National.
His work has appeared in a number of publications, including Lark Books 500 Tiles, and is slated to appear in the forthcoming publication 21st Century Ceramics. He has taught at RISD, Rhode Island College, Becker College, Worcester State University and the Worcester Center for Crafts, and has presented a variety of workshops and lectures throughout New England. He has been a board member of The Studio Potter since 2005 and currently is the Studio Liaison and Program Director of the Worcester Center for Crafts.
View Tom's Latest Work and Profile: Tom O'Malley Ceramics
|09/17/2022||Saturday||9 AM to 10:30 AM|
|09/24/2022||Saturday||9 AM to 10:30 AM|
|10/01/2022||Saturday||9 AM to 10:30 AM|
|10/08/2022||Saturday||9 AM to 10:30 AM|
|10/15/2022||Saturday||9 AM to 10:30 AM|
|10/22/2022||Saturday||9 AM to 10:30 AM|