Silhouette Portrait Glass Engraving Workshop (ONLINE)
Dates: June 11, 2021
Meets: F from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM
Student Fee: $30.00
Have fun learning to engrave glass! You can transform an ordinary glass cup into your own special one. You will see some examples of engraving techniques, then work on your own designs with guidance from our experienced instructor. No experience is required.
Student Fee: $30.00
Materials Kit & Shipping Fee: $65.00 (Optional to returning Online Glass Engraving Workshop Students)
Notes on materials:
Effective Spring 2021 session, the fee structure for online glass engraving workshops has changed.
1.) IF you have already taken an earlier online glass engraving course with Tomo, the materials kit is optional and you are welcome to re-use your existing kit for this workshop. Simply register and pay the Student Fee.
2.) All new registrants who have NOT taken a previous online glass engraving course with Tomo are required to select the Optional Materials Kit & Shipping Fee listed at registration. All materials kits will be shipped to students via USPS Priority Mail 5 business days prior to the workshop's schedule start date once the course enrollment has been evaluated and it is declared to run as scheduled. Kits will be mailed to address on file under your student account. If you require your kit to be mailed to a different address, please email that information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Tracking information will be emailed to you by your instructor.
No kits will be available for pick-up at New Street Glass Studio.
Once shipped, your kit is non-refundable and non-returnable, and the Craft Center and Glass Studio are not responsible for any missing or late deliveries.
Effective August 1, 2020, the Craft Center will have updated policies regarding Refunds and Cancellations for Adult and Youth In-Studio Courses, Adult & Youth Online Courses, and for Cancellations due to illness as it pertains to all programming schedule for Fall 2020 onwards. Please read through these policies carefully on our website's policy page.
Worcester State University ("WSU") & Worcester Center for Crafts ("WCC") Consent & Release of Liability for Online Learning
By submitting your registration for this course ("Activity"), you acknowledge that all registered parties are 18 years or older and legally competent to make this agreement. You agree to comply with all rules and regulations set forth with regard to the Activity, and you agree that all issues of civil liability shall be determined in accordance with Massachusetts General Laws. By completing you registration, you acknowledge that all registered parties have read and understand the below terms and that by enrolling you are giving up substantial legal rights that you might otherwise have, and that you have registered knowingly and voluntarily.
1. In the event that I should require medical care or treatment, I agree to be financially responsible for any costs incurred as a result of such treatment. I am aware and understand that I should carry my own health insurance.
2. To agree that the activity is entirely voluntary and to be fully aware that participation involves risk of injury and/or property damage including the possibility of short-term or long-term disability and even death; to agree that these risks can come from many varied causes and that many of these risks are not foreseeable; to acknowledge, accept, and assume all such risks.
3. I, individually and on behalf of my heirs, successors, assigns and personal representatives, hereby agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, the Board of Higher Education, WCC, WSU and their employees, agents, and representatives from all liability for any damages, losses, or injuries (including death) I sustain to my person or property or both, including but not limited to any claims, demands, actions, causes of action, judgments, expenses and costs (including attorneys' fees) which arise out of, result from, occur during, or are connected in any manner with my intentional or negligent conduct during my participation in the Activity, including traveling to and from an event related to this Activity.
4. To the extent authorized by law, I, individually and on behalf of my heirs, successors, assigns and personal representatives, hereby agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, the Board of Higher Education, WCC, WSU and their employees, agents, and representatives from all liability, loss, damage or expense, including attorneys' fees, that they or any of them incur or sustain as a result of any claims, demands, actions, causes of action, damages, judgments, costs or expenses (including attorneys' fees) which arise out of, occur during, or are in any way connected with my intentional or negligent conduct during my participation in the Activity, including traveling to and from an event related to this Activity.
5. I agree that this consent and release is to be construed under the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and that if any portion hereof is held invalid, the balance hereof shall, notwithstanding, continue in full legal force and effect.
Questions? Email us at email@example.com.
|Course Fee (Basic)||Student Fee||$ 30.00|
|Optional Fee||Materials Kit & Shipping Fee||$ 65.00|
"My journey as an artist has been informed by my experience growing up in Japan - the nexus of a profound, traditional past in co-existence and interaction with an energetic, hyper-modern future. My choice of glass as a medium reflects my experience: it is both rooted in traditional techniques while at the same time projecting a modern materiality. I want to capture this reality in my work, balancing the old and the new, honoring tradition and innovation, exploring past and future."
|06/11/2021||Friday||6 PM to 8 PM||Remote Learning|