Introduction to Digital Photography (ONLINE)
Dates: May 26 - June 30, 2021
Meets: W from 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM
Location: Remote Learning
Student Fee: $149.00
Working from home you will learn the basic skills needed to get the most out of digital cameras in a friendly and nurturing online environment via Zoom interface. A perfect course for beginning students, as well as seasoned amateurs who would like to brush up on the basics. 35mm based single lens reflex (DSLR) cameras, as well as compact point and shoot cameras that can be manually operated are welcome. Beginning students will learn basic photographic principles such as the camera and its controls, how to use aperture and shutter speed together to gain a proper exposure, depth of field, white balance, tricky lighting situations, and how to get the right image. Later in the session students will be introduced to basic digital workflow and image cataloging from camera to computer, with an introduction to digital photography software. Students will provide their own camera and computer.
*Class timing: We ask that all students login prior to the class start time, as classes will begin promptly at the start time stated. End times may vary, depending on the number of students in attendance and their ability to participate. Class links and instructions will be provided via email, prior to the first class meeting.
Effective August 1, 2020, the Craft Center will have updated policies regarding Refunds and Cancellations for Adult and Youth In-Studio Courses, Adult & Youth Online Courses, and for Cancellations due to illness as it pertains to all programming schedule for Fall 2020 onwards. Please read through these policies carefully on our website's policy page.
Worcester State University ("WSU") & Worcester Center for Crafts ("WCC") Consent & Release of Liability for Online Learning
By submitting your registration for this course ("Activity"), you acknowledge that all registered parties are 18 years or older and legally competent to make this agreement. You agree to comply with all rules and regulations set forth with regard to the Activity, and you agree that all issues of civil liability shall be determined in accordance with Massachusetts General Laws. By completing you registration, you acknowledge that all registered parties have read and understand the below terms and that by enrolling you are giving up substantial legal rights that you might otherwise have, and that you have registered knowingly and voluntarily.
1. In the event that I should require medical care or treatment, I agree to be financially responsible for any costs incurred as a result of such treatment. I am aware and understand that I should carry my own health insurance.
2. To agree that the activity is entirely voluntary and to be fully aware that participation involves risk of injury and/or property damage including the possibility of short-term or long-term disability and even death; to agree that these risks can come from many varied causes and that many of these risks are not foreseeable; to acknowledge, accept, and assume all such risks.
3. I, individually and on behalf of my heirs, successors, assigns and personal representatives, hereby agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, the Board of Higher Education, WCC, WSU and their employees, agents, and representatives from all liability for any damages, losses, or injuries (including death) I sustain to my person or property or both, including but not limited to any claims, demands, actions, causes of action, judgments, expenses and costs (including attorneys' fees) which arise out of, result from, occur during, or are connected in any manner with my intentional or negligent conduct during my participation in the Activity, including traveling to and from an event related to this Activity.
4. To the extent authorized by law, I, individually and on behalf of my heirs, successors, assigns and personal representatives, hereby agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, the Board of Higher Education, WCC, WSU and their employees, agents, and representatives from all liability, loss, damage or expense, including attorneys' fees, that they or any of them incur or sustain as a result of any claims, demands, actions, causes of action, damages, judgments, costs or expenses (including attorneys' fees) which arise out of, occur during, or are in any way connected with my intentional or negligent conduct during my participation in the Activity, including traveling to and from an event related to this Activity.
5. I agree that this consent and release is to be construed under the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and that if any portion hereof is held invalid, the balance hereof shall, notwithstanding, continue in full legal force and effect.
Questions? Email us at email@example.com.
|Course Fee (Basic)||Student Fee||$ 149.00|
My name is Katherine, and my goal in this life is to rock your world with beautiful photography. Whether I am shooting in the studio with a slew of lighting equipment or out in the field with just my vintage film camera, I strive to infuse an insane level of fun and passion into every shot I take.
I started taking photos at age 13 and since then a camera has never been too far out of my reach. I studied photography at both the Hartford Art School in West Hartford, CT and the New England School of Photography in Boston, MA. I currently live and work in Boston, and while I am a Boston girl at heart, I would love to travel.
Aside from photography, I enjoy baking an obscene amount of cupcakes, spending time with my pugs, and admiring the everyday beauty of this crazy world we live in.
|05/26/2021||Wednesday||6:30 PM to 8:30 PM||Remote Learning|
|06/02/2021||Wednesday||6:30 PM to 8:30 PM||Remote Learning|
|06/09/2021||Wednesday||6:30 PM to 8:30 PM||Remote Learning|
|06/16/2021||Wednesday||6:30 PM to 8:30 PM||Remote Learning|
|06/23/2021||Wednesday||6:30 PM to 8:30 PM||Remote Learning|
|06/30/2021||Wednesday||6:30 PM to 8:30 PM||Remote Learning|