Wheel I: Introduction To Wheelthrowing
- February 23 - March 30, 2021 Check for other dates
- Tu from 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM, 6 sessions
- 25 Sagamore Road Wheelthrowing
- Riley Strong
- A Note to First Time Students:
Welcome to the Introduction to the Potter's Wheel class at the Worcester Center for Crafts. Please wear clothes you don't mind getting a little muddy…clay will wash off, but some clays tend to stain light colored fabrics.
- Bring and apron or a smock if you want.
- Please do not wear open toed shoes.
- If you have long hair, please wear a head band, or plan on tying it back when working on the potters wheel.
- Please read and follow all studio procedures given to you during the first class.
- Clay, glaze and firing cost are included in the price of 25lbs of clay and will cost $37.00 for 25 lbs. This may be
paid in cash or by check, bags of clay may be shared.
- Bring your pottery tools if you have some, or kits are available for ~$20.00 in the clay studio, or at retailers such
as CC Lowel or Michaels.
- If you have any old hand towels, bring a couple for drying your hands, as this will help us all be a little greener and not use paper towels.
- Have FUN!
Thanks and enjoy the class.
Sorry, this course is full.
Have you always wanted to learn to use the potter's wheel to turn stoneware clay into vases, bowls, and mugs? This fun, fast-paced class will help you tap into your creativity while learning the basic skills of clay working. From throwing to decorating with high-temperature stains, slips, and glazes, this class will help you develop the skills needed to form and finish your very own pottery.
Re-Opening Guides for Students
All registrants are asked to review the Craft Center's COVID-19 Response page for guidance on the measures we are taking to re-open our studios safely and the policies we are asking all students to abide by in our combined efforts to maintain a healthy work environment. Please review this information on here
. Cancellation Policies
Effective August 1, 2020, the Craft Center will have updated policies regarding Refunds and Cancellations for Adult and Youth In-Studio Course, Adult & Youth Online Courses, and for Cancellations due to illness as it pertains to all programming schedule for Fall 2020 onwards. Please read through these policies carefully on our website's policy page. Craft Center Re-Opening Policy Acknowledgement & Release of Liability
Every registrant will be expected to complete an electronic form included in their registration receipt acknowledging that they understand and agree to comply with the policies outlined, and that they thereby release the Worcester Center for Crafts and Worcester State University of any liability. This form must be submitted no less than 48 hours prior to the start of the first class.
To access the form, click here
or please refer to your emailed registration receipt.Inclement Weather Policy
For information on the Craft Center's inclement weather cancellation policies, please visit our website's policy page. Students are encouraged to also check our homepage and our Facebook page for status updates and closure announcements.
Questions? Call us at 508.753.8183 X301