Introduction to Handbuilding
- April 9 - May 14, 2019 Check for other dates
- Tu from 6:30 PM to 9:30 PM, 6 sessions
- 25 Sagamore Road Handbuilding
- Kimberly Gardner
- Materials and firing fees are in addition to tuition.
A Note to First Time Students:
Welcome to the Introduction to Handbuilding! Please wear clothes you don't mind getting a little muddy…clay will wash off, but some clays tend to stain light colored fabrics.
- Bring and apron or a smock if you want.
- Please do not wear open toed shoes.
- Please read and follow all studio procedures given to you during the first class.
- Clay, glaze and firing cost are included in the price of 25lbs of clay and will cost $35.00 for 25 lbs. This may be
paid in cash or by check, bags of clay may be shared.
- If you have any old hand towels, bring a couple for drying your hands, as this will help us all be a little greener and not use paper towels.
- Have FUN!
Thanks and enjoy the class.
There are still openings remaining at this time.
Handbuilding offers the beginning student a moderately paced introduction to working with clay while learning some of the basic methods for hand building, developing knowledge for pinching, slab-building, and working with slump molding. Tap into your creativity while exploring construction design and surface treatments to create a variety of table wares. Your instructor will guide you all along the way with both class presentations and demonstrations, as well as personalized attention. A great entry level class to get your hands dirty!