There are 2 openings remaining at this time.
This one day, hands on workshop will explore the variety of scale, form and decorative possibilities of bowls. Whether investigating different functions of form and shape (pasta to cereal to salad) or pushing scale to making larger pieces, students will develop skills to create stand-alone pieces and sets. Decorative techniques with slips will also be part of this session. Bring a good range of ribs - all shapes, sizes, rubber, wooden - and trimming tools and brushes. A wonderful workshop for intermediate to advanced students.
WCC Students may provide their own clay purchased prior from the studio or you may pay the materials fee and stoneware clay will be provided.
Effective August 1, 2020, the Craft Center will have updated policies regarding Refunds and Cancellations for Adult and Youth In-Studio Courses, Adult & Youth Online Courses, and for Cancellations due to illness as it pertains to all programming schedule for Fall 2020 onwards. Please read through these policies carefully on our website's policy page.
Worcester State University ("WSU") & Worcester Center for Crafts ("WCC") Consent & Release of Liability for Online Learning
By submitting your registration for this course ("Activity"), you acknowledge that all registered parties are 18 years or older and legally competent to make this agreement. You agree to comply with all rules and regulations set forth with regard to the Activity, and you agree that all issues of civil liability shall be determined in accordance with Massachusetts General Laws. By completing you registration, you acknowledge that all registered parties have read and understand the below terms and that by enrolling you are giving up substantial legal rights that you might otherwise have, and that you have registered knowingly and voluntarily.
1. In the event that I should require medical care or treatment, I agree to be financially responsible for any costs incurred as a result of such treatment. I am aware and understand that I should carry my own health insurance.
2. To agree that the activity is entirely voluntary and to be fully aware that participation involves risk of injury and/or property damage including the possibility of short-term or long-term disability and even death; to agree that these risks can come from many varied causes and that many of these risks are not foreseeable; to acknowledge, accept, and assume all such risks.
3. I, individually and on behalf of my heirs, successors, assigns and personal representatives, hereby agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, the Board of Higher Education, WCC, WSU and their employees, agents, and representatives from all liability for any damages, losses, or injuries (including death) I sustain to my person or property or both, including but not limited to any claims, demands, actions, causes of action, judgments, expenses and costs (including attorneys' fees) which arise out of, result from, occur during, or are connected in any manner with my intentional or negligent conduct during my participation in the Activity, including traveling to and from an event related to this Activity.
4. To the extent authorized by law, I, individually and on behalf of my heirs, successors, assigns and personal representatives, hereby agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, the Board of Higher Education, WCC, WSU and their employees, agents, and representatives from all liability, loss, damage or expense, including attorneys' fees, that they or any of them incur or sustain as a result of any claims, demands, actions, causes of action, damages, judgments, costs or expenses (including attorneys' fees) which arise out of, occur during, or are in any way connected with my intentional or negligent conduct during my participation in the Activity, including traveling to and from an event related to this Activity.
5. I agree that this consent and release is to be construed under the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and that if any portion hereof is held invalid, the balance hereof shall, notwithstanding, continue in full legal force and effect.
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.