Sorry, we are no longer accepting registrations for this course. Please contact our office to find out if it will be rescheduled, or if alternative classes are available.
Steel/Copper/Brass Wire (assorted gauges), 20g sterling wire, Wet/Dry Sandpaper (350-600 grit), Wood Sticks, Wax, Mini Rubberized Wheels & Mandrels, Dust Mask.
Required Tools & Supplies (Approx. cost $80):
Jewelers Saw, Saw Blades, Bench Pin (see blog for options) , Domed Riveting Hammer, Steel Block or Small Anvl, Nail or Center Punch, 2 pair Serrated Long Nose Pliers, Step Pliers, and Keiba Wire Cutters, Tapered/Slotted Mandrel (aluminum ok/steel preferred), Tapered Wood Mandrel, Small Plastic, Rubber or Raw Hide Mallet, Set of Needle Files, Ring Clamp, Safety Glasses, Drill (this could be a Dremel w/adjustable collet or economy flex shaft), Insulated Cross-lock Tweezers, Drill Bit Assortment, 1/16" Drill Bits, Assort'd Wood Dowels, Steel Ruler with inch/mm, Masking Tape, Extra Fine Sharpie Marker, Pencil and Paper
Half-round Pliers, File Card (to clean files), High Speed Steel (HSS) Drill Bit Index, ½ Round Hand File, Dapping Set, Letter/Number Punches, Brass Mallet (or old claw hammer), 6" Digital Calipers , Ball Pein Hammer. Transfer Punch Set or Hex Key Set (to form jump rings).
Note: The autoplay attribute does not work on some mobile devices.
Student cancellations made at least 2 business days prior to the first class meeting are eligible for a full refund. All cancellation requests must be submitted in writing via email to the Registration Office at email@example.com.
Students registered in online learning multi-week classes, are permitted to cancel their registration after the first class meeting and will be eligible for a full refund of student tuition. All cancellation requests of this nature must be submitted before the second class meeting and must be made in writing via email to the Registration Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
No refunds or credits will be given for student absences nor for student cancellations made after the second class meeting begins. All materials and kits are non-returnable and non-refundable.
When course or workshop is cancelled by the WCC, a full refund will be issued.
Worcester State University ("WSU") & Worcester Center for Crafts ("WCC") Consent & Release of Liability
By submitting your registration for this course ("Activity"), you acknowledge that all registered parties are 18 years or older and legally competent to make this agreement. You agree to comply with all rules and regulations set forth with regard to the Activity, and you agree that all issues of civil liability shall be determined in accordance with Massachusetts General Laws. By completing you registration, you acknowledge that all registered parties have read and understand the below terms and that by enrolling you are giving up substantial legal rights that you might otherwise have, and that you have registered knowingly and voluntarily.
1. In the event that I should require medical care or treatment, I agree to be financially responsible for any costs incurred as a result of such treatment. I am aware and understand that I should carry my own health insurance.
2. To agree that the activity is entirely voluntary and to be fully aware that participation involves risk of injury and/or property damage including the possibility of short-term or long-term disability and even death; to agree that these risks can come from many varied causes and that many of these risks are not foreseeable; to acknowledge, accept, and assume all such risks.
3. I, individually and on behalf of my heirs, successors, assigns and personal representatives, hereby agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, the Board of Higher Education, WCC, WSU and their employees, agents, and representatives from all liability for any damages, losses, or injuries (including death) I sustain to my person or property or both, including but not limited to any claims, demands, actions, causes of action, judgments, expenses and costs (including attorneys' fees) which arise out of, result from, occur during, or are connected in any manner with my intentional or negligent conduct during my participation in the Activity, including traveling to and from an event related to this Activity.
4. To the extent authorized by law, I, individually and on behalf of my heirs, successors, assigns and personal representatives, hereby agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, the Board of Higher Education, WCC, WSU and their employees, agents, and representatives from all liability, loss, damage or expense, including attorneys' fees, that they or any of them incur or sustain as a result of any claims, demands, actions, causes of action, damages, judgments, costs or expenses (including attorneys' fees) which arise out of, occur during, or are in any way connected with my intentional or negligent conduct during my participation in the Activity, including traveling to and from an event related to this Activity.
5. I agree that this consent and release is to be construed under the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and that if any portion hereof is held invalid, the balance hereof shall, notwithstanding, continue in full legal force and effect.
Questions? Call us at 508.753.8183 X301