There are still openings remaining at this time.
Working from kits and templates, students will be guided in a series of projects while learning some of the basic methods for hand building. Developing knowledge for pinching, slab-building, and working with slump molds from common objects found at home. Resources such as the Quarantine Clay Club handbook from Pentaluma Pottery, will be provided along with 25 lbs of stoneware clay and firing (once WCC reopens). Your instructor will guide you all along the way through class presentations and demonstrations, as well as personalized attention via Zoom online interface and online class resources. A great, introductory to intermediate level class designed to get your hands dirty!
$204 Includes: Online class, 25lbs of Stoneware Clay/Firing (date tbd) and one Tips and Tricks of Glazing Workshop (date tbd), handbook and curbside pick up of clay and tools if needed.
*Class timing: We ask that all students login prior to the class start time, as classes will begin promptly at the start time stated. End times may vary, depending on the number of students in attendance and their ability to participate. Class links and instructions will be provided via email, prior to the first class meeting.
PTK Toolkit Available for Online Purchase:
Student cancellations made at least 2 business days prior to the first class meeting are eligible for a full refund. All cancellation requests must be submitted in writing via email to the Registration Office at email@example.com.
Students registered in online learning multi-week classes, are permitted to cancel their registration after the first class meeting and will be eligible for a full refund of student tuition. All cancellation requests of this nature must be submitted before the second class meeting and must be made in writing via email to the Registration Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
No refunds or credits will be given for student absences nor for student cancellations made after the second class meeting begins. All materials and kits are non-returnable and non-refundable.
When course or workshop is cancelled by the WCC, a full refund will be issued.
Worcester State University ("WSU") & Worcester Center for Crafts ("WCC") Consent & Release of Liability
By submitting your registration for this course ("Activity"), you acknowledge that all registered parties are 18 years or older and legally competent to make this agreement. You agree to comply with all rules and regulations set forth with regard to the Activity, and you agree that all issues of civil liability shall be determined in accordance with Massachusetts General Laws. By completing you registration, you acknowledge that all registered parties have read and understand the below terms and that by enrolling you are giving up substantial legal rights that you might otherwise have, and that you have registered knowingly and voluntarily.
1. In the event that I should require medical care or treatment, I agree to be financially responsible for any costs incurred as a result of such treatment. I am aware and understand that I should carry my own health insurance.
2. To agree that the activity is entirely voluntary and to be fully aware that participation involves risk of injury and/or property damage including the possibility of short-term or long-term disability and even death; to agree that these risks can come from many varied causes and that many of these risks are not foreseeable; to acknowledge, accept, and assume all such risks.
3. I, individually and on behalf of my heirs, successors, assigns and personal representatives, hereby agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, the Board of Higher Education, WCC, WSU and their employees, agents, and representatives from all liability for any damages, losses, or injuries (including death) I sustain to my person or property or both, including but not limited to any claims, demands, actions, causes of action, judgments, expenses and costs (including attorneys' fees) which arise out of, result from, occur during, or are connected in any manner with my intentional or negligent conduct during my participation in the Activity, including traveling to and from an event related to this Activity.
4. To the extent authorized by law, I, individually and on behalf of my heirs, successors, assigns and personal representatives, hereby agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, the Board of Higher Education, WCC, WSU and their employees, agents, and representatives from all liability, loss, damage or expense, including attorneys' fees, that they or any of them incur or sustain as a result of any claims, demands, actions, causes of action, damages, judgments, costs or expenses (including attorneys' fees) which arise out of, occur during, or are in any way connected with my intentional or negligent conduct during my participation in the Activity, including traveling to and from an event related to this Activity.
5. I agree that this consent and release is to be construed under the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and that if any portion hereof is held invalid, the balance hereof shall, notwithstanding, continue in full legal force and effect.
Questions? Call us at 508.753.8183 X301