Wheel I: Introduction To Wheelthrowing
- October 22 - December 3, 2019 Check for other dates
- Tu from 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM, 6 sessions
- 25 Sagamore Road Wheelthrowing
- Cali Almy
- Note: No class will be held during the week of November 25th.
A Note to First Time Students:
Welcome to the Introduction to the Potter's Wheel class at the Worcester Center for Crafts. Please wear clothes you don't mind getting a little muddy…clay will wash off, but some clays tend to stain light colored fabrics.
- Bring and apron or a smock if you want.
- Please do not wear open toed shoes.
- If you have long hair, please wear a head band, or plan on tying it back when working on the potters wheel.
- Please read and follow all studio procedures given to you during the first class.
- Clay, glaze and firing cost are included in the price of 25lbs of clay and will cost $35.00 for 25 lbs. This may be
paid in cash or by check, bags of clay may be shared.
- Bring your pottery tools if you have some, or kits are available for ~$20.00 in the clay studio, or at retailers such
as CC Lowel or Michaels.
- If you have any old hand towels, bring a couple for drying your hands, as this will help us all be a little greener and not use paper towels.
- Have FUN!
Thanks and enjoy the class.
There is only one opening remaining at this time.
Have you always wanted to learn to use the potter's wheel to turn stoneware clay into vases, bowls, and mugs? This fun, fast-paced class will help you tap into your creativity while learning the basic skills of clay working. From throwing to decorating with high-temperature stains, slips, and glazes, this class will help you develop the skills needed to form and finish your very own pottery.
A refund is given upon request in writing at least two business days prior to first class meeting. No refunds or credits are given for student absences.
When course or workshop is cancelled by the WCC, a full refund will be issued. Email email@example.com
The Worcester Center for Crafts generally follows the Worcester State University inclement weather policy relative to building closing and class cancellations, however there are times that evening classes, and weekend workshops differ from the Worcester State University weather policies. Click here for cancelations The Worcester Center for Crafts schedules make-up classes when possible for sequential classes.
Questions? Call us at 508.753.8183 X301