Introduction to Handbuilding
- September 10 - October 15, 2019 Check for other dates
- Tu from 6:30 PM to 9:30 PM, 6 sessions
- 25 Sagamore Road Handbuilding
- Ginny Gillen
- Materials and firing fees are in addition to tuition.
A Note to First Time Students:
Welcome to the Introduction to Handbuilding! Please wear clothes you don't mind getting a little muddy…clay will wash off, but some clays tend to stain light colored fabrics.
- Bring and apron or a smock if you want.
- Please do not wear open toed shoes.
- Please read and follow all studio procedures given to you during the first class.
- Clay, glaze and firing cost are included in the price of 25lbs of clay and will cost $35.00 for 25 lbs. This may be
paid in cash or by check, bags of clay may be shared.
- If you have any old hand towels, bring a couple for drying your hands, as this will help us all be a little greener and not use paper towels.
- Have FUN!
Thanks and enjoy the class.
Sorry, we are no longer accepting registrations for this course. Please contact our office to find out if it will be rescheduled, or if alternative classes are available.
Handbuilding offers the beginning student a moderately paced introduction to working with clay while learning some of the basic methods for hand building, developing knowledge for pinching, slab-building, and working with slump molding. Tap into your creativity while exploring construction design and surface treatments to create a variety of table wares. Your instructor will guide you all along the way with both class presentations and demonstrations, as well as personalized attention. A great entry level class to get your hands dirty!