Introduction to Handbuilding
- September 10 - October 15, 2019 Check for other dates
- Tu from 6:30 PM to 9:30 PM, 6 sessions
- 25 Sagamore Road Handbuilding
- Ginny Gillen
- Materials and firing fees are in addition to tuition.
A Note to First Time Students:
Welcome to the Introduction to Handbuilding! Please wear clothes you don't mind getting a little muddy…clay will wash off, but some clays tend to stain light colored fabrics.
- Bring and apron or a smock if you want.
- Please do not wear open toed shoes.
- Please read and follow all studio procedures given to you during the first class.
- Clay, glaze and firing cost are included in the price of 25lbs of clay and will cost $35.00 for 25 lbs. This may be
paid in cash or by check, bags of clay may be shared.
- If you have any old hand towels, bring a couple for drying your hands, as this will help us all be a little greener and not use paper towels.
- Have FUN!
Thanks and enjoy the class.
Sorry, we are no longer accepting registrations for this course. Please contact our office to find out if it will be rescheduled, or if alternative classes are available.
Handbuilding offers the beginning student a moderately paced introduction to working with clay while learning some of the basic methods for hand building, developing knowledge for pinching, slab-building, and working with slump molding. Tap into your creativity while exploring construction design and surface treatments to create a variety of table wares. Your instructor will guide you all along the way with both class presentations and demonstrations, as well as personalized attention. A great entry level class to get your hands dirty!
A refund is given upon request in writing (Please email firstname.lastname@example.org) at least two business days prior to first class meeting. No refunds or credits are given for student absences.
When course or workshop is cancelled by the WCC, a full refund will be issued.
The Worcester Center for Crafts generally follows the Worcester State University(WSU) inclement weather policy relative to building closings and class cancellations. Cancellation announcements will be made on the Craft Center's Facebook Page Click here for cancellations
and on our blog. Click here to visit blog. The Worcester Center for Crafts schedules make-up classes when possible for sequential classes.
For evening Craft Center classes and weekend workshops, the offices will make an assessment of the weather conditions, and students will be notified by 2PM via email if a closure will continue through the evening or if the class will run as scheduled. Please be sure to check the Facebook page for must up-to-date information.
Questions? Call us at 508.753.8183 X301