- July 5 - August 9, 2019 Check for other dates
- F from 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM, 6 sessions
- 25 Sagamore Road Wheelthrowing
- Faith Connor
- A Note to First Time Students:
Welcome to the Introduction to the Potter's Wheel class at the Worcester Center for Crafts. Please wear clothes you don't mind getting a little muddy…clay will wash off, but some clays tend to stain light colored fabrics.
- Bring and apron or a smock if you want.
- Please do not wear open toed shoes.
- If you have long hair, please wear a head band, or plan on tying it back when working on the potters wheel.
- Please read and follow all studio procedures given to you during the first class.
- Clay, glaze and firing cost are included in the price of 25lbs of clay and will cost $35.00 for 25 lbs. This may be
paid in cash or by check, bags of clay may be shared.
- Bring your pottery tools if you have some, or kits are available for ~$20.00 in the clay studio, or at retailers such
as CC Lowel or Michaels.
- If you have any old hand towels, bring a couple for drying your hands, as this will help us all be a little greener and not use paper towels.
- Have FUN!
Thanks and enjoy the class.
Sorry, we are no longer accepting registrations for this course. Please contact our office to find out if it will be rescheduled, or if alternative classes are available.
This multi-level wheel throwing class will have potters of all skill levels working side by side as they come in from the summer heat! In a supportive atmosphere the instructor will lead beginners in the basics of wheel throwing, while also providing inspirational demonstrations for intermediate to advanced students. All with plenty of one on one instruction and guidance. Students will be encouraged to help each other and foster a convivial studio setting as ideas cross pollinate and insights of wheel working are shared. Perfect for students who enjoy a collaborative learning experience and share the love of clay!
A refund is given upon request in writing at least two business days prior to first class meeting. No refunds or credits are given for student absences.
When course or workshop is cancelled by the WCC, a full refund will be issued. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Worcester Center for Crafts generally follows the Worcester State University inclement weather policy relative to building closing and class cancellations, however there are times that evening classes, and weekend workshops differ from the Worcester State University weather policies. Click here for cancelations The Worcester Center for Crafts schedules make-up classes when possible for sequential classes.
Questions? Call us at 508.753.8183 X301