Beginning to Intermediate - Hand Building from Home (ONLINE)
Dates: July 6 - August 10, 2021
Meets: Tu from 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM
Location: Remote Learning
Student Fee: $204.00
In this beginning to intermediate level class, you will learn basic hand building techniques or expand upon your existing skillset as you gain knowledge for pinching, slab-building, and working with slump molds from common objects found at home. Projects may range from cups and plates to jars and covered forms, as well as surface decoration. Your instructor will guide you along the way through class presentations and demonstrations, as well as personalized attention via Zoom online interface and online class resources.
Glazing will be completed in studio with a personalized work session on Sunday August 1, from 1 to 4 pm, in the WCC ceramics studio.
A great, introductory to intermediate level class designed to get your hands dirty from home!
$204 Includes: Online class, 25lbs of Stoneware Clay and Firing, and curbside pick-up of clay, as well as glazing work session.
*Class timing: We ask that all students login prior to the class start time, as classes will begin promptly at the start time stated. End times may vary, depending on the number of students in attendance and their ability to participate. Class links and instructions will be provided via email, prior to the first-class meeting.
PTK Toolkit Available for Online Purchase:https://register.worcestercraftcenter.org/CourseStatus.awp?&course=PTKTOOLKITO
Effective August 1, 2020, the Craft Center will have updated policies regarding Refunds and Cancellations for Adult and Youth In-Studio Courses, Adult & Youth Online Courses, and for Cancellations due to illness as it pertains to all programming schedule for Fall 2020 onwards. Please read through these policies carefully on our website's policy page.
Worcester State University ("WSU") & Worcester Center for Crafts ("WCC") Consent & Release of Liability for Online Learning
By submitting your registration for this course ("Activity"), you acknowledge that all registered parties are 18 years or older and legally competent to make this agreement. You agree to comply with all rules and regulations set forth with regard to the Activity, and you agree that all issues of civil liability shall be determined in accordance with Massachusetts General Laws. By completing you registration, you acknowledge that all registered parties have read and understand the below terms and that by enrolling you are giving up substantial legal rights that you might otherwise have, and that you have registered knowingly and voluntarily.
1. In the event that I should require medical care or treatment, I agree to be financially responsible for any costs incurred as a result of such treatment. I am aware and understand that I should carry my own health insurance.
2. To agree that the activity is entirely voluntary and to be fully aware that participation involves risk of injury and/or property damage including the possibility of short-term or long-term disability and even death; to agree that these risks can come from many varied causes and that many of these risks are not foreseeable; to acknowledge, accept, and assume all such risks.
3. I, individually and on behalf of my heirs, successors, assigns and personal representatives, hereby agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, the Board of Higher Education, WCC, WSU and their employees, agents, and representatives from all liability for any damages, losses, or injuries (including death) I sustain to my person or property or both, including but not limited to any claims, demands, actions, causes of action, judgments, expenses and costs (including attorneys' fees) which arise out of, result from, occur during, or are connected in any manner with my intentional or negligent conduct during my participation in the Activity, including traveling to and from an event related to this Activity.
4. To the extent authorized by law, I, individually and on behalf of my heirs, successors, assigns and personal representatives, hereby agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, the Board of Higher Education, WCC, WSU and their employees, agents, and representatives from all liability, loss, damage or expense, including attorneys' fees, that they or any of them incur or sustain as a result of any claims, demands, actions, causes of action, damages, judgments, costs or expenses (including attorneys' fees) which arise out of, occur during, or are in any way connected with my intentional or negligent conduct during my participation in the Activity, including traveling to and from an event related to this Activity.
5. I agree that this consent and release is to be construed under the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and that if any portion hereof is held invalid, the balance hereof shall, notwithstanding, continue in full legal force and effect.
Questions? Email us at email@example.com.
|Course Fee (Basic)||Student Fee||$ 204.00|
Tom O'Malley began studying ceramics in high school and received his BFA from the New York State College of Ceramics at Alfred University in 1985. He received his MFA, with honors, from the Rhode Island School of Design in 1994. O'Malley has exhibited nationally and internationally, winning numerous awards. He received an LCC Grant in 1998 and his pottery was the recipient of the People's Choice Award at the 2002 Strictly Functional Pottery National.
His work has appeared in a number of publications, including Lark Books 500 Tiles, and is slated to appear in the forthcoming publication 21st Century Ceramics. He has taught at RISD, Rhode Island College, Becker College, Worcester State University and the Worcester Center for Crafts, and has presented a variety of workshops and lectures throughout New England. He has been a board member of The Studio Potter since 2005 and currently is the Studio Liaison and Program Director of the Worcester Center for Crafts.
View Tom's Latest Work and Profile: Tom O'Malley Ceramics
|07/06/2021||Tuesday||6:30 PM to 8:30 PM||Remote Learning|
|07/13/2021||Tuesday||6:30 PM to 8:30 PM||Remote Learning|
|07/20/2021||Tuesday||6:30 PM to 8:30 PM||Remote Learning|
|07/27/2021||Tuesday||6:30 PM to 8:30 PM||Remote Learning|
|08/03/2021||Tuesday||6:30 PM to 8:30 PM||Remote Learning|
|08/10/2021||Tuesday||6:30 PM to 8:30 PM||Remote Learning|